-->

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

21 More Tips & Tricks To Simplify Life


Drip dry stone trays. I love the look of this.  It would be perfect for our sunroom!

Source: danamadeit.com via New on Pinterest

Refrigerator magnet cups. I think this is brilliant.  It sure would save on dishes!

Source: solutions.com via New on Pinterest

Quilted iron mat with magnets for the dryer. I hate lugging out my ironing board, so this is appealing.


Source: fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net via New on Pinterest
Use mitts from the Dollar Store to use as dry board erasers.


Recondition and Re-Season cast iron pans.

Instructions on cleaning your AC unit.  Save money and increase efficiency while prolonging the life of your unit.

Travel crayon holder from re purposed spice or Parmesan cheese container.  Can even put them in child car seat cup holders.


Treat box for traveling.  One per kid, no refills!  Tackle box.  Love it!

Source: lunchinabox.net via New on Pinterest
Freeze green onions in water bottles.  Shake out the right amount and return the rest to the freezer.  Recipes usually do not call for more than 3 stalks, so I am always wasting green onions.  Awesome tip!

Toilet paper rolls keeps it together!  Tip--use two per roll.

Source: buzzfeed.com via New on Pinterest
This happens to me all the time.  Who knew there would be such an easy fix?

Source: madtownmacs.blogspot.com via New on Pinterest
Perfect polish trick.

How to break in new shoes in less than 2 minutes.  Everyone should know this!

Soak paper towels in vinegar.  Wrap around faucets. Wait an hour and wipe off.  I tried this and it worked beautifully!

Source: providenceltddesign.com via New on Pinterest
No more blisters!  Just rub a little where there is friction, it is just like wearing a sock!

DIY taco bowls.  Turn muffin tins upside down, spray with cooking spray, and bake 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

Use tape to measure between two holes, then put the tape on the wall.  So simple and so smart.

Use this trick to keep from putting unnecessary holes in your walls when hanging anything from shelf brackets to towel racks.

I've wasted countless ziplock bags when traveling and still had a lotion leak all over this last trip.
Plastic wrap as a spill safe solution = genius!

How to hem jeans or any pants while keeping the original hem.  Awesome!

Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil & throw into a pan when needed!



There are more...click here to see and follow me on Pinterest





3 comments:

  1. Great one Amy. By the way...don't think I've told you how great you look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting.. I am going to look up some of these .Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great I think It will take me an hour to pin it all :)
    I hope you can come by and link up to my first blog hop! You can win a $25 Amazon Gift Card http://www.missinformationblog.com/2012/08/its-best-of-your-best-blog-hop-and-win.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.