-->



Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 02, 2012

13 Tips & Tricks To Simplify Life


Black sandpaper on top to light matches

Why didn't I think of this?

Tension rod to keep lids in place.

Good use for canning lids.

Hard boiled eggs in the oven?  325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.  Who knew? (no link)
(these have had very mixed reviews, read comments below & on the pin before trying)

Dollar store silverware tray keeps toothbrushes out of a cup and organized. (no link)

Easy & non-toxic way to clean a glass cook- top stove to a shine!

Quick and easy way to peel a kiwi.
Source: mylifeandkids via New on Pinterest

Remove permanent marker from wood floors.

Prohibits roll away dice.

Dry erase boards from white corner tiles. Great food labelers for parties!
Source: twitpic.com via New on Pinterest

Great way to repurpose and close bags.

Keys & Change


{wanna follow me there? Click here.}

6 comments:

  1. Oh Amy. Sigh. I looked at every one of these and felt stupid for not thinking of them before. Clearly not my gift. I ma amazed by people. Thanks for sharing. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Just wanted to let you know, I tried the hard boiled eggs in the oven. They got small burn spots on them, stank up my kitchen, and were hard to peel, not to mention boiling them on the stove is cheaper. I thought it sounded like an easier method and thought I heard they were supposed to be easier to peel. It did not work for me. Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried baking,But I have tried steaming then and that works great...easy to peel

      Delete
  3. @The Pennington Point-HI!! I felt the same way. Love what I learn from Pinterest!

    @Anonymous-thanks for your insight! There are pretty mixed comments on the pin itself. Some said it didn't stink up the house, some said it did. Some mentioned light little brown spots where the egg hit the metal that didn't affect the taste, but then it sounds like your spots were actually burned.
    After reading all the comments, I think I will stick to boiling, despite some raving about this method...too hit or miss for me! Thanks again for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the method I am going to use! http://momonamission.me/?p=649#url=http%3A//momonamission.me/%3Fp%3D649

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing my pic! Dice rolling has never been better in my class! :)
    Denise
    Sunny Days In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.