-->



Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 21, 2012

Puppy Chow & Kitty Chow Snack



We eat healthy around here during the week, so when the weekend comes, sometimes I like to surprise my kids with a bit of a sugary snack.  I love the reactions I get when I do this, according to my girls I qualify for mom of the year when I make a surprise sugar snack.

When I do take the time to make something less healthy,  I want something easy and fun.  This puppy chow and kitty chow fit that description.  Kids think it is great fun to have 2 different shaped chow with fun names.  It is the perfect munching snack, especially for car trips!  What I love?  It is so good that it gets eaten up right away so when the new week comes we don't have a bunch of tempting puppy & kitty chow laying around!


Puppy & Kitty Chow
1/2 cup butter ( I use Earth Balance)
1 cup peanut butter
12 ounces chocolate chips 

1 1b powdered sugar

1/2 box any Chex type cereal (for puppy chow)
1/2 box Kix cereal (for kitty chow)
________________
Mix butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a glass bowl.  Microwave until melted & stir.  Divide in half.  Add Chex to one half and Kix to the other.  Stir until coated.  In 2 brown paper bags, divide powdered sugar.  Add coated Chex to one and coated Kix to the other.  Shake until cereal is coated.

4 comments:

  1. I have made puppy chow for years but have never heard of kitty chow,,thanks for the recipe,,will give it a try,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of kitty chow either, but will give it a try. FYI - i omit the butter from my puppy chow and the peanut butter and it works just fine. No need for the extra fat or calories from the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Australia and haven't heard of chex or kix. What type of cereal are they? Like a shredded wheat pillow thing? Puffed corn? Are they sweet or bland? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are like puffed corn, not sweet.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.