-->

Friday, May 18, 2012

Awesome Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner


If you read my post on Easy Homemade Glass Cleaner That Smells Awesome, you will know that I am on a Make-Your-Own kick when it comes to cleaners.  I am amazed at how easy, healthful, and inexpensive it is to make my own cleaners, and this Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner is my favorite so far.  I really feel like it has cleaning power, but I love that when I spray it I don't have to hold my breath!  If anything it is the opposite.  It uses lemon essential oil that smells so fresh and clean that it almost makes me WANT to clean....almost.


I chose Lemon essential oil as my scent.  I LOVE any citrus scent.  I got mine at my local health food store, but next time I will be ordering it from Organic Mountain Rose Herbs, where the price is much better!


All Purpose Cleaner
1/2 tsp. washing soda
1/2 tsp. castille soap (I use Dr. Bronners)
2 cups hot water
20 drops essential oil of your choice
_____________
Combine and put into a spray bottle.

Why am I passionate about making my own cleaners?

~it is inexpensive
~they don't contain harsh chemicals
~it is easy
~my daughters asthma instantly got better when we switched to organic cleaners
~I have history of cancer, twice, so the less chemicals my in my body the better
~it is eco friendly
~the ingredients used in one product can often be used in other products which makes it cost effective


4 comments:

  1. my daughters asthma instantly got better when we switched to organic cleaners

    bathroom cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's allergies got better also. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cleaner! I just made up a batch of peppermint cleaner and it worked wonderfully on my tile floors, the kitchen counters, the stove top, and window sills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this recipe! it is the best one I have came across. what type of cleaning cloth works best?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.