This is part of a post I wrote last month for Simple Organic called "13 Ways To Get Kids To Eat Their Vegetables" I just shared it with my sister, and she commented that she loved the tips at the end, so I thought I would share them with you here.
22 Simple Ways to Eat Fruits And Vegetables
- Frozen berries in cold cereal
- Frozen berries in oatmeal
- A bowl of frozen berries thawed to perfection during dinner in time for dessert
- Apple slices almond butter
- Bananas sliced on bran flakes for breakfast
- Banana slices on whole wheat peanut butter bagel
- Celery and peanut butter or cream cheese
- Pepper strips and hummus
- Cucumber slices and dip
- Frozen grapes– so refreshing!
- A 6-cup muffin tin full of different colors for snack
- Clementine slices on our salads
- Frozen mango chunks in a bowl
- Edamame with sea salt-my kids favorite
- Fruit smoothies made green by blending in spinach
- Eggplant in place of beef in our spaghetti sauce
- Fruit kabobs-so pretty and fun
- Fresh berries in pancakes
- Homemade, no- cook berry jam
- Sliced berries on ice cream
- Spinach salad with mason jars full of vegetable toppings to add themselves
- Make our own fresh vegetable and fruit juices using our juicer.
To read the rest of the post, go visit Simple Organic. While you are over there, look at who was featured on her weekend links:) Love seeing my stuff over at Simple Organic!
For more Steps To Healthy Eating, Click here.