-->



Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Applesauce Bread


What I love about this recipe, is that it uses ingredients that I usually have on hand.  It is also healthy and filling.  It got 2 thumbs up from my kids and their neighbor friends, which is always a plus!!


It is a very simple recipe.  You just butter the pan..


Then mix the dry ingredients together--


Make a well and add the applesauce, egg and melted butter.


Then stir well--I love that this can all be done by hand--so easy!


Pour into a buttered pan or baking stone--


Enjoy warm with a pat of butter.
--------------------------------
--------------------------
Applesauce Bread
11/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rapadura, (or 1/2 cup of sugar or 1/2 cup of honey)
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. sea salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
-------
3/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter; melted
----------------------
Mix dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center and add applesauce, eggs and butter.  Stir well.  Pour into a buttered bread pan or stone.  Bake for 45-55 minutes (for a full size loaf) at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome, I'll try it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use sweetened or unsweetened applesauce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you sub apple butter? I bought way too much of it last week by accident and am trying to find a good use.. if you don't have whole wheat flour on hand, can you sub regular?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.