-->



Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, December 18, 2009

Gift Idea-Homemade Coloring Book








My daughter made this for her cousin and gave it to her for her birthday.  It is a coloring book that is made from copies of my daughters original art.
We started with quality, heavy paper (like card stock).  I had her think of a theme, she chose "ladybugs, butterflies, and flowers."  Then she created the art on paper with a sharpie pen.  We took it to Kinkos, had copies made of the original (I wanted to keep the originals:)) and had it spiral bound.  When we got home, she embellished the front and tied it with a bow.







































Doesn't It Make You Want To Color??:)
I thought she did such a great job!!

She has been busy making art for more coloring books.  I made sure that the paper is 8x11 to make the printing process easier (the book above was an odd paper size, so we had to print them on bigger paper and cut them down.)  She has them all in the same, quality- paper notepad.  When she is finished, she can choose from her book to custom make another coloring book for a friend.  Here are some that are shapes and patterns, which are great because they are gender neutral.





























She has yet to make one for a boy, but already has ideas of making sports themed books, etc.
We talked about making gift packs by adding colors and embellishments/stickers for the kids to decorate their own book.  She wants to make custom stickers to match with the coloring book.  We have even thought about selling these at local craft fairs and taking orders to customize each one with the child's name and interests.  How fun would that be? Until she gets a bit older, we will just enjoy giving them away to friends and family.

One of my favorites:)





sweetcharli"


The Girl Creative
BCD Show and tell

giveaways





The DIY Show Off


17 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm impressed. How old is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! My daughter is 10. She loves, loves art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! She should open up an etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest thing ever! What a great idea...I'm sure you're very proud of her :)
    Thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unbelievably adorable!! Looks like she has a good career ahead of her! :)

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!

    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is nothing better then a thoughtful homemade gift...what a fantastic idea...and yes, she did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes me want to go running for the crayons! This is such a cute idea - I love it! Thanks for sharing! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! I want to bust out my crayons right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Can you tell me how i can register mail at google [url=http://google.com]google[/url] http://google.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. stopping by from DIY SHow Off, that is SUCH a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! She did a great job - so creative! Thanks for linking to the DIY Show & Tell party! I love it!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that? She is creative and putting it to good use.
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever idea....my daughter would love making one and receiving one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute idea~! And yes, it does make me want to color! Thanks for sharing this with us a sweet charlI! we hope you will come back to join the party next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea!! My daughter is still a bit young for this but I'm going to file it away to use in a couple years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.