-->

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Fudgy Buttons

Tonight I wanted something sweet, and there was NOTHING in the house (I need to grocery shop!).  I knew it was time to pull out my recipe for Fudgy Buttons once again.  I found the recipe in a magazine, given by a grandma who said she stirred up a batch for her grandkids every time they visited. I've made these many times, and I am sure I will still be stirring them up when I am a grandma.:)  I like them for a few reasons.  I always have the ingredients on hand,  I don't have to turn the oven on,  I can make them in 5 minutes, my girls can help roll the balls and make them into buttons, they are round and cute, and they satisfy even the most intense craving for chocolate and peanut butter.  They are not the healthiest thing we could choose to eat, but when compared to the ingredients in some of the most popular chocolate and peanut butter candies, (Peanuts, Milk Chocolate, Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Nonfat Milk, Milk Fat, Lactose, and Soy Lecithin, and PGPR, Emulsifiers)Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Cottonseed, Soybean, Palm Kernel, and Palm Oil)Sorbitol, Dextrose, Chocolate, Nonfat Milk, High Maltose Corn Syrup, Refined Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Butter, Salt, Corn Syrup, Whey, Whey Protein Concentrate, Caseinate, Soy Lecithin, Artificial Flavor, Glycerin, Lactose, Mono and Diglycerides, and TBHQ.) I feel pretty good about my 5 ingredient, (ones I can pronounce!) cute, little Fudgy buttons.


Fudgy Buttons
4 Tbls butter or margarine
3 tsp. baking cocoa
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. milk
4 Tbls creamy peanut butter

In a small saucepan, melt the butter; remove from heat.  Add cocoa and mix well.  Stir in sugar. (will be quite thick) Add milk and stir until smooth. (you will feel like you should add more milk- don't.  The peanut butter will make it creamy and perfect) Add peanut butter and mix well.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper; roll into balls and flatten with your thumb.


13 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are yummers. I have a child grounded tonight b/c she kept sneaking in them and they were all gone this morning! The recipe made 32, there were about 10 left when I went to bed, and 0 left when I woke up!! I guess its the early bird that gets the fudgy button:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I've been waiting for this recipe since forever! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The situation: just got home from a 3-day weekend trip to the beach. Had my bible study girls coming over in 1 hour, and still needed to finish the last section of our study andd had NOTHING to provide as a snack. What's a girl to do? Make FUDGY BUTTONS! Such an easy recipe, perfect for 4 young ladies; mixed up some crystal light and still had 45 minutes left to read my bible. Thanks for the great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel-your comment made me smile. I love hearing stories like that, my prayer is that this blog will encourage other women & be a help to them! Thank you for sharing and for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh MAN! These look yummy! I will so be trying this recipe out! Thanks

    Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! These sound so very good!! Have to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Super Cute :-) I adore handmade items. They're so original. I love homemade altogether!

    http://livingonhomemade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look perfect to make with my 3 year old. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made them just now! Such a great, quick little treat. My littles will be excited for this after school goodie. Thanks for the recipe :) erica in tx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I needed to entertain my three year old and this was the best thing ever. She felt like she was helping momand cooking like a big girl. It helped me to get some work done and bosted her confidence too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are very sweet but did cure my craving for dessert in no time. Mine wern't as chocolaty looking as yours..might add more cocoa next time. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just finished making them. Didn't have creamy PB only had the crunchy but they still came out really good. Thanks I love chocolate!! This is something I can whip up quick when I'm craving some chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely words to me! Due to the number of comments I receive, I cannot respond to all of them - but know that I read and love every word. If you have a question in need of a response, please e-mail sponsornewnostalgia@gmail.com and either Robyn or I will get back to you.